Sea Freight Shipping
Sea freight forwarding, sometimes known as ocean freight, is a service that is a cost-effective way of transporting goods overseas, and is also one of the most economical. AFFA offers a sea freight service for both importing and exporting. This will be using a full container load or less, including flat rack and out of gauge. The goods are received from our Didcot terminal. We offer regular departures to the Far East, Middle East, Africa, Australia, the Mediterranean and many other locations.
If you are a small business owner, sea freight may not be an option you have considered until now. You don’t have to be a large company to reap the benefits of a sea freight service. You can still benefit from cost-effective shipping rates, without filling an entire container.
- Sea shipping is far more cost-effective than other forms of transportation, such as air freight.
- You can be assured that when you choose a sea freight service, efficiency is guaranteed. You will have the option of a full container or share with other cargo to save on cost.
- No matter the size of your freight, AFFA can accommodate. Regardless of weight, we can assist.
- Once your freight is handed over, you will want the assurance that it is in safe hands. Our ships are designed to carry hazardous or dangerous materials. AFFA is fully equipped in handling these types of goods. We have regulations in place that not only keep your cargo is kept safe, but also our crew.
- Sea shipping is far more environmentally friendly than some other forms of freight forwarding. Ships provide a more carbon-efficient form of transportation.
- AFFA will take care of your customs clearance so you don’t have to.
Here are some tips when choosing sea freight:
- Always plan ahead! Sea freight can take longer for your cargo to reach its destination. Book in advance, and we will give you an estimated time of delivery.
- Although you don’t need greater volumes of cargo, sometimes it can be more cost-effective when shipping internationally.
- Make sure you pack your goods in preparation for transit. We take great care in your property, but you can prevent the chances of damage by ensuring you have taken precautions.
Should you wish to discuss your sea freight requirements in more detail, please don’t hesitate in contacting us for more information.